Chair, David Leahy - firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-Chair, Bill Howard - email@example.com
Cartographer, Matt Gerber - firstname.lastname@example.org
Frank Fodero - email@example.com
Robert Gale - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sean Gertsch - email@example.com
Calumet- Juanita Robinson firstname.lastname@example.org
Checagau- Michael Griffard Michael.email@example.com
Five Creeks- Tim Meinholz firstname.lastname@example.org
Iron Horse- Jennifer Gorz email@example.com
Portage Creek- Chris Hamilton and Maria Chiappetta firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Prairie Dunes- Gisela Thielbar firstname.lastname@example.org
Tall Grass- Bob Johnson and Kevin Krause email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Thunderbird- Lisa Downs email@example.com
TriStar- Wayne Gulliford and Cindy Kunzer firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Scouting For Food (SFF) Unit Coordinator:
- Sign up for Scouting for Food 2022 BEFORE February 1, 2022 here: https://forms.gle/MC34TEqZrebhpBJ8A
- Work with the SFF District Coordinator to determine unit canvassing area
- Work with the Scouts to determine and communicate each individual Scout’s canvassing area
- Count out or estimate how many doorhangers your unit will need and communicate that to your SFF District Coordinator
- Pick up SFF Materials at March Roundtable
- Distribute materials to Scouts
- Actively lead your unit on Saturday, April 2nd, and on Saturday, April 9th, 2022.
- Be sure that the entire territory is covered. Ensure that Scouts will deliver a doorhanger/flyer to all households in assigned territory on Saturday, April 2nd.
- Arrange for collection of filled bags from households in the same assigned territory on Saturday, April 9th.
Tip: Assign Scouts to collect bags from the same area in which they delivered them. This will help cut down on missed bags. Take the food collected to the designated food pantries throughout PTAC. This must be done by 4:00PM on Saturday April 9th.
PLEASE GO BACK THROUGH YOUR ASSIGNED AREA IN THE EARLY AFTERNOON. EACH YEAR SOME BAGS ARE MISSED OR ARE SET OUT LATE.
Scouting For Food (SFF) District Coordinator:
- Locate 1-2 possible drop sites for the district—look for places that are densely populated with participating units.
- Attend the monthly council Scouting for Food committee meetings made up of each district coordinator, the SFF Chair, the council cartographer, the staff advisors, and more.
- Work with each unit to determine the canvassing area, ensuring there are no overlapping canvassing areas.
- Communicate with the staff advisors the amount of doorhangers each unit in your district will need.
- Communicate with the council cartographer each unit’s canvassing area to get it added to the council SFF map.
- Help put together SFF Unit Kits for the units participating within your district.
- Be a resource to the participating units in the district about material collection dates/times, drop off dates/times, announcements from the council SFF committee, etc.
Any questions? Email PTAC.ScoutingForFood@scouting.org. Thanks!
- 15th Committee meeting
- Apply for grants/ begin corporate engagement plan
- Budget, position descriptions
- 20th Committee meeting
- Save the Date Announced 10/13 or 10/23
- 17th Committee meeting
- Announce Sponsorships & Donor Levels
- Start to confirm Drop off locations
- 15th Committee meeting
- Order Bags (if applicable)
- Finalize Unit Guides- Print before February Roundtables
- Confirm drop off locations to add to Unit Guidebooks
- 19th Committee meeting
- Unit Guide Brochure Released
- Unit Commitments begin (due Feb 12?)
- Matt to work on District Maps/ Unit territories based on recharter info
- Lock in all sponsorship for printing lead time in February
- 16th Committee meeting
- Unit Collection Maps Assigned
- If necessary, hold zoom call with Unit leaders to answer questions and explain how to
- hold a kick-off
- Printing orders begin
- Order Ribbons and Patches (early March)
- 2nd Committee meeting
- Distribute Hang Tags and Bags - At Roundtable?
- Social Media Push
- Create press release (two weeks before event)
- 23rd Committee meeting
- 2nd Flyer / Bag Distribution
- 6th Committee meeting
- 9th Food Pickup
- 25th Committee Meeting
- Distribute Recognition to Units for their May/June Roundtables
- Evaluate program
- Survey Units on SFF Experience
Alexis Marcotte - 312-421-8800 ext. 278 or firstname.lastname@example.org