JAMBOREE STAFF OPPORTUNITIES
Adults (18+ year old Scouts and 21+ year old Venturers) Participation in the Jamboree
If you are an adult wanting to join the Jamboree, there is a critical need for Jamboree staff. Jamboree staff enable a successful event for all youth participants. Jamboree staffing needs span all activities and skills. Adults wanting to learn more about Jamboree staff positions and to register to be a member of the staff do so by accessing the National Jamboree website, https://jamboree.scouting.org/. Jamboree staff members pay their fees directly to National through the National Scout Jamboree website.
The PTAC Jamboree participant fee is estimated to be $2,100 per person. The participant fee includes:
- Effective November 1, 2022, Registration fees will increase $215. (This is due to National increasing their fees after this date
- National Jamboree fee
- Two (2) training weekend campouts with the PTAC Jamboree units before the Jamboree
- Stuff We All Get (proposed SWAG includes duffel bag, daypack, tee shirts, patches, etc.)
- Transportation to and from Jamboree on touring buses
- Meals to and from Jamboree
- Lodging while traveling to and from the Jamboree
- Participants are responsible for their uniforms (two complete field/class A uniforms), personal gear (e.g., mess kit and sleeping bag), spending money, and trading patches
- All Troop/Crew gear such as cots, stoves, troop pots/pans, tables, etc. will be provided by the Summit. Subject to change and may impact overall cost per Scout.
- Depending on Contingent Travel costs, per person fees may increase
JAMBOREE PAYMENT SCHEDULE
|Second Payment – Due by 4/30/2022||$350|
|Third Payment – Due by 6/30/2022||$350|
|Fourth Payment – Due by 9/30/2022||$350|
|Fifth Payment – Due by 12/31/2022||$350|
|Fifth Payment – Due by 3/31/2023||$400|
ALL DEPOSITS & PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
All participant payments are non-refundable but can be transferred to another non-registered participant who replaces a cancelling participant. Additionally, application requires that the Scouts and Venturers abide by the specific policies of the Jamboree and failure of any participant to adhere to those policies will serve as grounds to have their participation revoked (with no refund).
JAMBOREE SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
Jamboree scholarships will be available based on funding availability. The Jamboree Scholarship request and process will be published at a later date. Revisit this website for further details. In addition, fundraising opportunities will be available to Jamboree participants. More information regarding fundraising opportunities will be published at a later date.
FAMILY PARTICIPATION IN THE NATIONAL JAMBOREE
Families can join the Jamboree adventure too. Families can be day visitors to the Jamboree and enjoy the activities in the Summit Center. The activities include many of the same activities available to Jamboree participants such as zip lines. Families wanting to learn more about visiting the Jamboree can do so by accessing the National Jamboree website, https://jamboree.scouting.org. Family visitors pay their fees directly to National through the National Scout Jamboree website.
REGISTERING AND APPLYING FOR THE NATIONAL JAMBOREE
Registering for the 2023 National Scout Jamboree is a two-step process. You register with the Pathway to Adventure Council website to pay your Jamboree fees. You apply to the National Scout Jamboree website to attend the Jamboree. Your application/registration process is not complete until you register on the PTAC website submit and your application on the National website.
Scouts and Venturers from across the Pathway to Adventure Council register for the Jamboree as individuals. In September 2022, Scouts and Venturers will be allocated to troops and crews based on the Scout’s and Venturers geographic location. This allows Scouts and Venturers from the same troop or crew and neighboring troops and crews to come together to form contingent troops and crews. Contingent troops and crews consist of 40 participants, 36 youth, and four adult leaders.