Web Banner Policy for PathwayToAdventure.org
PTAC executives determine which events and promotions receive web banners on our homepage. Below are general guidelines they use to decide which events to highlight.
*Web Banners can be created for:
• Council-wide development/fundraising events
• High-level council-sponsored program/activities
• Camp promotion
• Corporate and nonprofit sponsors/partners with promotional agreements with the council
• Major recruitment and marketing initiatives (i.e. “Blast into Scouting”/Scout Channel)
• Other events/activities at the discretion of PTAC executive staff
Web banners will NOT be created for:
• Any event that is not fully solidified and guaranteed to take place
• Opportunities that are not open to the whole council
• Events with controversial theme (i.e. Hunger Games Camporee)
• Promotional requests that do not contain the necessary information/images
Length of promotion:
• As a guideline, web banners will be posted 5 days prior to registration opening and will stay up for 2 weeks (including the 5 days prior to registration) unless otherwise determined by the Marketing Committee.
o Events that allow registration months in advance of the event may be posted upon registration beginning, then taken down for a period of time and reposted toward the end of registration.
*No more than 5 web banners will be posted at one time. The creation and/or timing of web banners may be altered to accommodate this rule.
Please reach out to your district leaders for help promoting events on your district’s webpage within PathwayToAdventure.org